Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

My wife is a 53 year old. As Europeans we are used to

Customer Question
My wife is a...

My wife is a young 53 year old. As Europeans we are used to drinking wine often a glass before a meal and often the rest of the bottle with the meal perhaps sharing a bottle between us. I have noticed that my wife on occasion after only 2 glasses gets blotto , sleepy and aggressive. She is not an Alcoholic and does not usually drink before sundown . Sometimes she's fine but sometimes after two glasses she's "gone" .She s been like this for a while what's going on

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

No and she no longer takes medications . She takes certain supplements

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

Its not about me its about my wife and she takes no medications although at one time even quite recently she was taking a medication that stopped the desire for drinking

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

She had breast cancer about 4 years ago had surgery in the duct and radiation and seems now cured. However the estrogen ? she was taking made her sick so she stopped that but that was a good while ago . The drug she was taking a couple of weeks ago was to stop the alcohol cravings (prescribed)

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Medical
12/14/2017
Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 2 months ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

still need help?

Bow shortly . By noon today please or I cancel

what supplements does she take?

vital reds from Gundry and topomax for the alcohol
'cravings"

It could be the interaction of alcohol and topamax

Not really a satisfactory or a $50 answer

were not done and you didn't pay 50 dollars

Family Physician, Doctor