Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I would like to start taking some natural medicine for

Customer Question
I would like to...

I would like to start taking some natural medicine for stress and anxiety which has helped in the past but I found out that it affected my implon. Just wondering what can I take natural that can help but not affect getting pregnant.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?

I've been dealing with stress and anxiety from the age of 13. As well as depression and still dealing with it.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not that I can think of.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Medical
12/14/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 2 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

What have you tried previously?

I've tried exercising, seeing people to talk about how to mange it.

Melatonin and valerian are natural remedies which can help you in anxiety and do not have any drug interaction with Implanon.

Anxiety can be treated by the following measures by yourself;

1) Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) and operant-behavioral therapy (OBT); done by a psychologist.

2) Relaxation training and biofeedback.

3) Hypnosis

4) Acupuncture and acupressure

5) Yoga

6) Meditation

7) Group sporting activities

8) St. John's wort; this too does not have drug interaction.

9) Melatonin
10) Valerian root.

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor