Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am taking valsartan 320-25 mg for high blood pressure.

Customer Question
I am taking valsartan...

I am taking valsartan 320-25 mg for high blood pressure. This past week I have been feeling shaky, cold, kind of dizzy and retaining some water for which I am taking a dieretic daily (20 to 40 mg). Blood pressure this past week is very low for me...101/55 this am....117/65, or 123/60 , 90/60..each day is in that area. Except it was 177/88 Monday and I decided to start taking my blood pressure again..only half a pill . It was 156/85 yesterday. feeling badly today and low again. What should I do? my pc doctor has had surgery and I was hoping I could fix this without going to another dr. what are your suggestioons.. thanks

Doctor's Assistant: When was last time you had a check up? Have you been feeling dizzy or lightheaded?

October last check up. yes dizzy & lightheaded

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I am diebetic and on levimer insulin which keeps helps me.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
12/13/2017
Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 7 months ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

Not sure what your question is