Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My left side retains fluid more than my right. Swelling of…

Customer Question
My left side retains...

My left side retains fluid more than my right

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

Swelling of my left leg

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?

Yes, when I took off my socks last night it was so drastic , it made my leg look deformed

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No history of high blood pressure, or diabetes

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
12/13/2017
Doctor: Dr.Saleem, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

No fever, no rash or irritation. Just it swells easily everyday.

Sorry to hear about that. Well swelling and pooling of fluid in one leg means impaired circulation of blood in that limb which could be due to thrombosed ( clot) vein or defective valves. You should get it examined by your doctor and get doppler ultrasound done on the leg to check on the blood flow and patency of arteries/ veins and lymphatics in this leg.

Once the exact cause is ascertained only then it can be treated.

Other causes of fluid retention would cause swelling in both limbs .

I hope it was helpful.