Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am itching all over my body and getting ready to go to the…

Customer Question
I am itching all...

I am itching all over my body and getting ready to go to the hospital. There are no signs of rashes or bugs of any kind. It's been about a week. I have been taking amoxicillin in case I have an infection of some kind, but that is not helping.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Haven't seen a doctor yet, but getting ready to go to the emergency room.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I am diabetic, high blood pressure, thyroid disease, I take 4 vitamins every day and I take medications for everything listed here. This has not happened before so I don't know what's causing it.

Doctor's Assistant: When was last time you had a check up? Is there a history of high blood pressure in your family?

Saw my doctor last month for my regular visit and everything was fine and yes high blood pressure is in the family.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
12/13/2017
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 7 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

how old are you?

are you male or female?

do you have dry skin?

high thyroid hormone levels can cause itching. you are taking thyroid hormones?

bad anxiety symptoms can cause itching of your skin.

i am 67, female, no, i take synthroid, no anxiety.
I'm going to the hospital where I can be treated. I'm on a fixed income and have medicare. I cannot afford to keep paying online when I could be getting treated. Thank you for the no help. Have a blessed day

you don't have to accept the additional $50 phone consult fee to talk to a doctor, that is optional.

you should see a doctor and get your thyroid hormone levels checked. your thyroid hormone levels could be too high.

let me know if you have other questions.