Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Seeking possible explanation for tender, raw feeling soles…

Customer Question
Seeking possible explanation for...

Seeking possible explanation for tender, raw feeling soles of the foot when I am rarely on my feet. Sometimes painful enough that walking is very uncomfortable. Age 85, height 5'1", weight 123#. Have pacemaker and electronic implant stimulation for spine. ***@******.***

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

Two weeks. Inexplicable genesis. Gentle massage beneficial.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Can't think of any contributory information.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
12/13/2017
Doctor: Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor replied 7 months ago

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

This sounds like a severe case of plantar fasciitis--inflammation of the fascia/tendons in the soles of your feet

Topical over the counter capsaicin cream and oral ibuprofen can help for now

But you need to see your doctor about this for an exam and I would give you a cortisone injection in both feet to relieve your suffering

Please let me know if you need any more information