Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I missed my period last month. No pain but they are regular.

Customer Question
I missed my period...

I missed my period last month

Doctor's Assistant: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?

No pain but they are regular

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No but i have had headaces regular

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/13/2017
Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 4 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Myself Dr Josh. and I’m happy to help with your question today.Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

What is your age?

Are you sexually active? Have you taken pregnancy test?

Are you taking any pills?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr. Josh

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

The symptoms you have described of having missed your last period & if pregnancy has been ruled out,then this missed period can be due to various causes.

The most common causes are:stress,being overweight or underweight,imbalance of hormones,polycystic ovarian syndrome/estrogen dominance,uterine abnormalities (fibroids/cysts/polyps/endometriosis).

Stress/anxiety is one of the most common cause that disturbs the female menstrual cycle.

You need clinical examination,testing for thyroid function and other hormone levels. A pelvic exam is required to rule out any uterine abnormality, a cervical polyp or fibroid, or a uterine infection.Also you need an ultrasound to evaluate the uterus, the ovaries and the fallopian tubes.

There does not seem to be anything serious or dangerous here.

So I advice you to make an appointment with your gynecologist for the clinical examination & tests to find out the root cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

42age no pill yes

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

Considering your age of 42 years- missing your period can be a symptom of early peri menopause.

Women normally go through perimenopause between ages 45 and 55.

You need hormonal check up for confirmation of diagnosis.A pelvic exam is required to rule out any uterine abnormality, a cervical polyp or fibroid, or a uterine infection.Also you need an ultrasound to evaluate the uterus, the ovaries and the fallopian tubes.

So you need to consult your gyne doctor for tests & examination to know the underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.

Thank you.

And please don't forget to leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today,

we only get after positive feedback.Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Do you have any other follow up question?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Just checking in to see how things are going.

Do you need further assistance?Is there anything else that you would like to know?

I am online & is waiting for your reply.

Please do reply.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor