Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I live in Cincinnati and recently without much notice my…

Customer Question
I live in Cincinnati...

I live in Cincinnati and recently without much notice my doctor retired. I had 1 month to transfer my records and have not found a doctor. I only take one med regularly which us soma. I take no other pain meds. I have severe skeletal problems and arthritis. I am reading it is hard to find a doctor to provide it. Do you have any ideas?

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

I take meloxicam and also a prescription med for my stomach which I also out of. Can't find the bottle. It is similar to an otc like i believe zantac

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have degenerative bone disease and a very bad back due to arthritis associated. I see an orthopedic for that. I see a gastro doctor for my stomach and I do not take any prescription drugs for pain. The soma has helped my pain for years but now I have no doctor for that. Most pain meds make me sick plus I worry about getting addicted

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
Are you there
12/13/2017
Doctor: Dr. Scott, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr. Scott, Doctor

Hi there,
I am Dr. Scott - it is my pleasure to assist you today.
Please give me a minute to review your question and type up an answer.
Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

This is a very common problem nowadays with the new DEA regulations. It is hard to find doctors to prescribe any controlled substances. Ultimately, you may need to see a pain management doctor. You will have to find a primary care doctor to refill your stomach medication and to refill you pain medications until you can see a pain management doctor. You are basically in a rock and a hard place.