Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

My platelet count is 80000. No sympton. Except some time get…

Customer Question
My platelet count is...

My platelet count is 80000

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

No sympton

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Except some time get bit fatigued

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Medical
12/13/2017
Doctor: Dr.Anil, Doctor replied 2 months ago
Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board-certified consultant with over 30 years of experience. I’m reviewing your question and reply you soon.

Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

What are your age and gender?

Recent fever, injury?

Any unexplained bleeding, bruise?

Since how long have you been suffering from?

Are you taking any medications?

Any other medical history?

Waiting for your response.
Thanks

MY AGE 43 , NO FEVER AND INJURY , I CAME TO KNOW ABOUT THIS YESTERDAY , I TAKE MULTIVITAMINS AND VITAMIN C SOMETIMES , MY TSH LEVEL HAS INCREASED TO 6 BUT T3 AND T4 ARE NORMAL

You should undergo a P.B.F.(peripheral blood film)

This test check the platelets manually and confirm the report of auto analyser.

In many cases platelet count reporting is done by automated hematology analysers and they can cause false low reading due to platelet clumping.

This is common if CBC is not done within 4 hours of sample collection.

Your doctor may want to start treatment for sub clinical hypothyroidism.

Also they may want to test for Anti TPO antibodies.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.
Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s request to avoid poor/bad rating.
Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.
It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.

Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor