Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I had previously spoken to you about my Monoxidil use in…

Customer Question
Hello Dr. David, I had...
Hello Dr. David, I had previously spoken to you about my Monoxidil use in order to grow my beard, I was worried this was now the cause of my symptoms such as irritable bowel, gastritis, itchy and red skin anywhere where my hair has grown, hair thinning and frequent fatigue
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Medical
12/13/2017
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 5 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

monoxidil would not cause IBS, gastritis, itchy skin and fatigue

do you have bad anxiety symptoms?

I do have bad anxiety symptoms but there was no trigger or stress the only abnormal thing in my life was the use of minoxidil for the purpose of growing my facial hair, I had looked on forums for other individuals who had stated they used monoxidil for facial hair growth and had symptoms such as nausea & vomiting, diarrhea dry and itchy skin as well as fatigue and bags under there eyes, all of which I have experienced after using monoxidil without any known anxiety triggers. I have researched forums that have discussed rare cases of these symptoms occuring after monoxidil use and there being a degree of permenance to these symptoms as I have experienced them for 10 months as of now, with symptoms alternating.

the symptoms you have had are very very common, even in patients who have never used monoxidil.

and most likely caused by other issues, not from monoxidil.

Hello Again doctor, during all of this I had also experienced a much lower level of sexual desire, yellow semen with lower volume as opposed to normally thick and pure white, as well as a difference in erection strength as my penis when erect normally stands at almost a vertical level whereas now erect it sits horizontally. I am only 21 and worried that there is something wrong with my libido and sex organ

your anxiety symptoms are causing all of these worries and affecting your erections.

you may need to talk to your doctor about your anxiety symptoms.

you should exercise more which can help you with your anxiety symptoms and can help your libido and sex drive.

I am currently being medicated for the anxiety but the only thing that has me worried is the non stop symptoms even when the anxiety is at bay. I am also currently being medicated for the acid reflux that it has caused but with the hair loss and thinning as well as the other symptoms the only thing that keeps me anxious is thinking that these symptoms are permanent.

no, your symptoms will not be permanent

they are not from monoxidil

you are letting your anxiety symptoms get out of control with worry

That's the thing i'm stuck in a cycle of worry because I wouldn't be worried if I had felt any better but it's very alarming for me to have my hair falling out of my head eyebrows and pubic region with itching and yellow ish and very watery semen and I know that if these were to go away my worry would decrease but I can't stop worrying until my body is better

you have to see your doctor for treatment for your anxiety symptoms

or else you will continue just to worry

I will be seeing my doctor very shortly to continue treatment for my anxiety but I can't help but think there is something else wrong with my body as it seems as there is something wrong with every different part of my body as I occasionally have strange stinging pains in the head of my penis or testicles but have had STI testing done with all results come back negative.

you don't have an sexual infection

please leave Positive Rating of 5 Stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area)
You can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Dr. David, Board Certified Physician