Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My husband is experiencing pain in his neck on the left back…

Customer Question
My husband is experiencing...

My husband is experiencing pain in his neck on the left back side, left nostril bleeds, slurred communication, forgetfulness, blank spots in his conversations?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

No. Just constant pain

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
Oh, severe lightheadedness is also a symptom
He is telling me the lightheadedness, nose bleeds, and neck pain. I’m noticing the other symptoms
12/13/2017
Doctor: Dr. Gupta, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta, Doctor

Hi

Welcome to just answer

I am Dr. Gupta and practicing board-certified doctor for the last 18 years. I would need some more information regarding your question so that I can give you the best answer -

- may I know your husband's age?

- is he on any medicines?

- since when is he having these symptoms?

Regards

54. No. About a week

Thanks for the information

The symptoms that you are describing especially the slurred speech, nose bleeding and blank spots in conversation all together are serious. They can be due to

- cerebrovascular cause - an abnormality in the brain. This can be bleeding or tumor or vascular malformations (dilated vessels of brain)

- a trauma to head, which you husband might not remember

- pain in the neck along with the other symptoms again can be due to inflammation in the brain going down to the spinal cord

on a rare chance, these symptoms might not be related to each other. But in my experience, the possibility is less. I would recommend you to take him to emergency care to rule out the above possibilities.

Hope this information is helpful, please do get back for further clarification.

regards