Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I just got diagnosed with Pempthias. I had a spot on top of…

Customer Question
I just got diagnosed...

I just got diagnosed with Pempthias. I had a spot on top of my head off and on for the last year which I thought might have been a sunburn that would not heal. Then I got what I thought were bug bites that wouldn't heal. Now the condition has spread across my scalp and spots are appearing on my chest and back.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that makes your head feel worse or better?

I would say a year for the spot on top of my head. The rest since August this year. It took a long time to get in to see a Dermatologist. I have now seen two. I believe the diagnosis of pempthias is the correct one based on what I have read about this skin disease. Would homeopathic remedies help this condition.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I had Chronic Fatigue years ago and was able to get over that using homeopathic medicine.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/13/2017
Doctor: Dermadoc, Doctor replied 2 months ago
Dermadoc
Dermadoc, Doctor

HELLO

Thanks for posting your query. I can understand your concern. I will be glad to be of assistance.

There is a condition which we refer to as pemphigus. In this condition there are fluid filled blisters which can present over the body, scalp and in the mouth.

Homeopathic remedies would not help in this condition. It would be advisable to get it in check quickly with the allopathic medications. Its a condition which can spread to involve the other parts of the body and needs to be addressed as early as possible with the help of medications like prednisolone or azathioprine or mycophenolate moefetil as deemed correct by your dermatologist who will prescribe them and monitor the improvement while you are on either of these medications. they will help to arrest the progress.

application of cortisone mixed with bactroban cream on the lesions will assist in further healing.

Please let me know if you any queries, I will be glad to assist.

Take care

Dermadoc
Dermadoc
Dermadoc, Doctor