Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

9 month old has fever of about 102, cough and runny nose.

Customer Question
9 month old has...

9 month old has fever of about 102, cough and runny nose. does she need to go to ER. I will give motrin again in two hours

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the cough? Are you having any other symptoms?

Cough has been about 3 days slight fever started late yesterday

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in the child's medical history you think the doctor should know?

Nothing she has been perfect up to this point

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
12/13/2017
Doctor: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

thank you

Yes, that is right you should take her to the ER as the fever is high grade and infants are at risk of getting seizures during high grade fever and for thorough examination to rule out any infection .

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Please let me know if you have followup questions.

Is er necessary. Baby has no other issues. Still plays, laughs and eats as notmal

Thanks for the reply.

If that is the case you should give her tylenol infant syrup and do some cold sponging and see the response. Most likely it is viral and if it increases further then do seek urgent care.