Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I've been taking Tetralysal for 10 days amongst my other…

Customer Question
Hi, I've been taking...

Hi, I've been taking Tetralysal for 10 days amongst my other medicines. I have hives on both arms. Does this mean I have to stop taking it.

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

Lamotrigine and qutiapine for 2 years every night. Clonanzipane vey 3 days.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have asthma

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
12/12/2017
Doctor: Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor replied 7 months ago

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

Why are you taking the tetralysal?

And when did you start to get the hives?

I have been taking Tetralysal for 2weeks. I am 40years old and have had a break out of acne on my face. Last night I noticed it when my arms stung as a washed my face. It runs down both arms from where the little finger is and stops before the elbow. It looks like a burn from a hot pan.

Could you please post a photo for me on this page?

I am autistic so phones are difficult for me to speak on.
Picture of left arm

Got it--thanks

Nothing too serious and for now you don't have to stop the medication

I suggest you take either benadryl or Claritin orally and use topical Caladryl lotion for that and it should clear in a couple of days

Please let me know if you need any more information

I take 25mg of phenergan each night to help me sleep given by my physiatrist
He said it is an antihistamine

That's fine and you can just take a bit more of that during the day for a couple of days

Ok, do you think it is an allergic reaction to the Tetralysal.

Most likely yes but as I said nothing too serious

When I had difficulty replying via the site. I live in England and spoke with a gp, she said not to take any more of it and to see her within 24hrs. So a little confused.

Well I agree with her that the best thing to do is not to take any more for now but this isn't an urgent situation

Okay

Please click on the 5 star excellent rating icon so I can get credit for my time with you