Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Could you please tell me the conversion of mg/meq or how…

Customer Question
Could you please tell me...
Could you please tell me the conversion of mg/meq or how many pills exactly to equal 20 meq?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
12/12/2017
Doctor: Dr. D. Love, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr. D. Love, Doctor

The number of mg that is equal to 20 mEq is the 1500 mg that I noted in the other thread. It also can be stated as 75 mg per 1 mEq.

However, the number of pills will depend upon the specific supplement, as the number of mg will vary according to the manufacturer.

Have you already purchased a specific supplement?

If so, what brand do you have?

No I haven't purchased it but was shopping for one and needed to know the conversion. Thank you....I missed that with your first answer. Thank you again for clarifying.

You are welcome.

There are a variety of brands on the market, but I looked up an example while I was waiting for your response. One example is from Alta Health Products. See https://www.amazon.com/Alta-Health-Potassium-Chloride-Capsules/dp/B00076R5NM/ref=sr_1_12_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1513094921&sr=8-12&keywords=potassium+chloride. This product contains 182 mg of potassium chloride per capsule. So, 8 capsules per day will provide 1456 mg, or 19.4 mEq.

If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.

Is there any further information that would be helpful?