Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I got what feels like a sunburn around my waist. no rash at…

Customer Question
Hi i got what...

Hi i got what feels like a sunburn around my waist. no rash at this time I'm 50 years old 5' 11 205 LBS not over weight i work out every day. This started a week ago it would move around my upper body one min in my chest the next on my stomach.Now its just around my waist

Doctor's Assistant: How long has this been bothering you? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?

For about a week and no to what you asked

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No not at this time i would like to say i feel great just would like to know whats going on. Thanks

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
12/12/2017
Doctor: Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor replied 7 months ago

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

Did you have chickepox as a child?

i did

OK

One possibility here would be shingles without the rash yet appearing

Other possibilities would be a vitamin B12 deficiency or a magnesium deficiency

I suggest you have your doctor check this out

Shingles can easily be treated with a medication called acyclovir

For now over the counter topical capsaicin cream can help with the symptoms

Please let me know if you need any more information