Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have some bumps that end up being itchy and then turn into…

Customer Question
Hi, I have some...

Hi, I have some bumps that end up being itchy and then turn into little crater like depressions. They are flesh colored

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been feeling this way? Have you reached out to anyone about this yet?

I have had this for a while now. No I haven't reached out

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No I am otherwise healthy. No std or Stu Sti

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/12/2017
Doctor: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. Can you attach a picture of the flesh colored bumps here? Also where are these bumps located on your body?

the bumps and the ending crater like depressions are on both inner thighs and also, 2 have formed on my lower left abdomen

Thanks for the additional information, let me just write down an answer for you and ill get back to you in a few mins. If you get a phone call request, that is an automated site response. I DID NOT send it. Thanks!

I don't believe I have any std or Sti. Also, I did research this in Google but the closest was something like muluscum contagum ( I spelled it wrong) but it didn't look the same
It'll itchy sometimes, especially when it is a bump. I will send another picture of the one on my lower left abdomen

Unfortunately, i have been just called away for a critical patient in the ICU, ill opt out so that another expert can answer this question for you. Please wait while another expert jumps in.

Okay thank you
Also, there is no leakage if any kind with either the bump or the crater like depression. When I press on the depression it feels as though it is "empty underneath it if that makes sense
Doctor: Vakul Aren, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor

Hello,I am Dr. Aren and I will help with your query.These appear to be due to a bacterial infection of the skin caused by Staphylococci/Streptococcal infections and is called Impetigo.The infection may be transferred from one place of the body by touch as this can spread by touch.Always wash your hands after touching one of these,avoid scratching.Use of oral antibiotics like Augmentin(Amoxicillin and Clauvinic Acid) or oral cephalosporins like Cepodoxime will help in healing these skin lesions.The antibiotic may be needed to be taken for 10-14 days.Other members in the family may have a similar infection which will require simeltaneous therapy .

Thank you. Do I need a prescription for this? I am currently without health insurance and don't have enough money to afford a clinic visit as I am preparing to move states

Yes,you will need a prescription for these drugs from your PCP.

I hope I have done enough to earn a five star rating,(the stars are above and to the right of the answer box).