Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have 2 dark spots on my pelvic region which i havent

Customer Question
I have 2 dark...

I have 2 dark brown spots on my pelvic region which i havent noticed i had. i just had surgery august 31 to remove a fibroid on my uterus and 2polyps on my ovaries. now i have these 2 spots

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

My underwear gets stuck on it

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I was diagnosed with diabetes which i want to get rid of naturally with fasting and water to reset my organs- liver and pancreas and hopefully my colon isnt stressed.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
12/12/2017
Doctor: Dr. Huynh, Board Certified Physician replied 7 months ago
Dr. Huynh
Dr. Huynh, Board Certified Physician

Hello, I'm Dr. Huynh, a board certified physician. Welcome to JustAnswer! Can you describe where the dark spots are on your pelvic region or take a photo and upload it?

its 2 dark brown spots, asymetrical, right below my incision and it leaks fluid so that my underwear gets stuck on it

Do they hurt at all ? How wide was the incision for the surgery?

4-5 inches
the area around itches
once in a while

Thank you, ***** ***** one more question. What was your last hgba1c score for diabetes?

One more Q - did the incision fully heal closed?

pre surgery 11

It's possible that the two spots you are seeing are small abscesses from a skin infection causing some oozing. But, because of your history of diabetes that is very high - I'm concerned about an underlying process of slow wound healing that can lead to tunneling from the incision to the two spots and cause oozing. For that reason, you should follow up with your doctor in person so that they can take a look at the two spots and see if they go deep.