Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Concerned about tingling/numbness in fingers ...im yo. I…

Concerned about tingling/numbness in...

Concerned about tingling/numbness in fingers ...im 69 yo

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

I have an apt for wed , this came on today

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Dad had a heart attack at 63 and 6 mo ago I suspended caffeine after "cell phone type vibrations" in my chest

Doctor's Assistant: Do you know if your family has a history of heart disease? In general, how would you describe your health lately?

Excellent...other than dad ..mom lived to 100

12/12/2017
Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, Doctor

Hello and thanks for your question.
It's my first priority to help you.
I'm reviewing your question now & will post back with the reply soon.

Please provide some additional information.

Do you suffer from neck tenderness, stiffness, pain?

Which fingers are affected?

Prolonged hours of writing, mobile/computer usage?

Are you taking any medicines?

Is numbness and tingling continuous or comes & goes?

Wrist pain?

Dizziness?

Blurred vision?

Slurred speech?

Any medical illness like hypertension?

Thanks.
Waiting for your reply.
I will post back to the reply/answer momentarily. Thank you for your patience.

2 left fingers in left hand , continuous ,no pain , no slurred speach ... nothing else - no meds

Sorry for late reply and inconvenience.
Thanks for the follow-up.
I understand your concern.
As per your description, such numbness and tingling sensation in two left fingers can be caused due to nerve compression in its path while supplying to the affected sites.

It can be compressed either in cervical spine or wrist.

So I would advise you some self-care remedies initially you can try.

You should soak your fingers in warm water for 10 minutes twice a day and do some fingers stretching and wrist stretching.

Do gentle massage with topical diclofenac sodium ointment later and wear wrist splint.

You should do neck stretching also.

You should take OTC Advil.

It's good to keep your arm straight while lying down and sitting position.

If your symptoms will not show any improvement then see your doctor for a clinical exam.

"I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today!
Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).
We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

I thought its heart and or circulation related...

Thank you for replying back.

No, this is not related to your heart or cardiovascular disease if you don't have any illness like Diabetes, Hypertension.

Still, I would advise you to monitor your blood pressure, pulse rate for a safe side.

If you don't have chest tightness, shortness of breath, heaviness in chest, sweating, heart palpitation then chances of cardiovascular disease are very slim.

I would advise you to take such self-care remedies as mentioned earlier.

And if your symptoms are getting worse then either a visit to an emergency room or your doctor's office can be helpful.

I hope this answers your question. If you would like to discuss this further or have any additional questions, please reply to my answer and I will get right back to you.
Please avoid poor/bad rating.
Please leave positive rating by clicking 5 stars above the chat box if you are satisfied with our conversation.
Waiting for your reply.

Respected customer,
Do you have any other follow up question?
May I help you more?
Please avoid poor/bad rating.
Waiting for your reply.

Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, Doctor