Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

About 10 months ago I started having electrical shocking in…

Customer Question
About 10 months ago...

About 10 months ago I started having electrical shocking in both legs from knees to bottom of my feet. I had 5 pain blocks by my Pain Management doctor and they did not stop the shocking. A vascular surgeon checked blood flow in lower legs and found blood circulation was perfect. What cause this and how do I get it treated?

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?

While setting I get a little relief but not much. My legs do swell but this is due to small leaks in small vines in my legs. This swelling is controlled by wearing compression hoses but they do not help the shocking.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have had 4 back surgeries in past 8 years. That was reason for the pain blocks, but as previously stated they did not help.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
12/12/2017
Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

how old are you?

79

It is likely coming from your back

I suspect you have spinal stenosis

I'm very sorry you are suffering

is this helpful?

I have spinal stenosis and have for past 15 years. However, my neurology said that is not where the shocking is from. This only confirms what I already knew and does not tell me how to get rid of the shocking.

I disagree.

it is coming from the spinal stenosis

you will likely need surgery again

Thanks for this question

I strive for 5 star service for all customers.

If you have more questions, just reply. :)