Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a itchy area up by both sides of the scrotum area on…

Customer Question
I have a itchy...

I have a itchy area up by both sides of the scrotum area on upper inner thigh and now have an itchy crease behind both knees

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the itch better or worse?

Two weeks give or take and I do have a couple patches of this on left upper calf

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I take cholesterol and high blood pressure medicines

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
12/11/2017
Doctor: Richard Han, Board Certified MD replied 8 months ago
Richard Han
Richard Han, Board Certified MD

Hello and thank you for your question. My name is***** am a board-certified physician with over 15 years of clinical experience and I am happy to help you. Can you tell me, are the itchy skin areas red, dry, bumpy, peeling or bleeding at all? Are you able to attach any pictures of the areas in question to this chat thread?

no bleeding just flaky and itching especially near the upper inner thigh

Thank you for that information. Judging by your description and the locations, more than likely you have mild eczema. Eczema is a common condition that leads to dry, flaking skin sometimes with mild redness/irritation, that can be itchy. It's best treated with frequent application of a good moisturizing lotion or emollient like Vaseline or Aquaphor. If the itchiness is particularly bothersome, you can apply hydrocortisone 1% ointment 3 times per day for 1-2 weeks, which reduces the inflammation and stops the itchiness.

Can I answer any other questions for you today?