Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Can a person survive if the pace maker is doing the hearts…

Customer Question
Can a person survive...

Can a person survive if the pace maker is doing the hearts work 98 percent of time?

Doctor's Assistant: Do you know if your family has a history of heart disease? In general, how would you describe your health lately?

No heart disease that i know of , I'm 69 yrs old

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I just had a pacemaker put in and they said its beating 98% of the time , I'm assuming that means the pace maker is keeping alive . my heart rate dropped to 28 when they decided to give me the pace maker . i have chronic asthma and have been overweight my entire life.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
12/11/2017
Doctor: Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD replied 7 months ago
Doctor John MD
Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.com

This is Dr. John and I will be helping you today.

I will be reviewing your question and will respond shortly.

I may need to ask a few more questions in order to best serve you.

Thank you for your patience.

Answers here are for education and information only.

do you know what type of pacemaker they put in?

I don’t I’m teying to find the paperwork
No phone calls please

do you have any symptoms like dizziness or shortness of breath?

Shortness of breath, I saw my dr today I just want to know my survival rate with a pacemaker if it’s doing all the wirk

survival rate is very good. pacemaker is working as needed otherwise you would be having episodes of dizziness, lightheadedness and fainting.

does that help answer your question?