Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Without going into all the details, I inadvertently took a…

Customer Question
Without going into all...

Without going into all the details, I inadvertently took a large dose of a high thc ticture. I then had an unexpected UA. I diluted by drinking about 3 gall

Doctor's Assistant: Is there an upcoming drug test scheduled? What kind of samples are being tested?

I diluted by drinking about 3 gallons of water. I had the test today.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
12/11/2017
Doctor: Dr. Huynh, Board Certified Physician replied 7 months ago
Dr. Huynh
Dr. Huynh, Board Certified Physician

Good morning, I'm Dr. Huynh, a board certified physician. Welcome to JustAnswer! Please allow me a moment to review your responses and I will reply shortly.

Detection of THC in the urine can vary depending on a couple factors. When did you take the high dose of THC? How regularly do you use THC otherwise?

just took it 24 hours before the test. I don't normally ever take thc
should this have prevented a positive test?

Unfortunately, the time of ingestion to urine test is very short. It is likely that the test will turn positive. People have tried the dilution method before and it has worked for some. But, it has never been proven under clinical studies!

I'm sorry that is probably not the answer you are looking for. If you have any other questions about this concern, please feel free to ask. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate me a 5 or let me know how I can improve. Happy Holidays!