Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

How much Iron can I take to get my hemoglobin count up to…

Customer Question
How much Iron can...

How much Iron can I take to get my hemoglobin count up to where it should be from 7.6. Was at 4.6 and had to receive 4 units of blood to get it up to 7.6. Have bad nose bleeds from HHT. Was told should take 300 mg of iron a day.

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

No medications only heartburn medicine and not allergic to any medications.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Spent night in the Hospital to check for any internal bleeding. Nothing else was found.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
12/11/2017
Doctor: Dr. Huynh, Board Certified Physician replied 8 months ago
Dr. Huynh
Dr. Huynh, Board Certified Physician

Good morning, I'm Dr. Huynh, a board certified physician. Welcome to JustAnswer! Please allow me a moment to review your responses and I will reply shortly.