Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I have a very sore throat. Tonsils are inflamed and striped.

Customer Question
I have a very...

I have a very sore throat. Tonsils are inflamed and striped. A couple of weeks ago I lost my voice in what seemed to be a cold. The cold part cleared up, but the sore throat persisted. Then three days ago I came down with a bad head cold. That is much better now, but the terrible sore throat persists.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the symptoms? Do you have a fever?

It all started about a day before Thanlsgiving. No fever now, but I had a slight fever a couple of days ago.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Much tonsillitis as a child. Thyroid removal in 2016 due to Graves disease. Got a flu shot in September. Nothing else I can think of.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Medical
12/11/2017
Doctor: Dr. Scott, Doctor replied 2 months ago
Dr. Scott, Doctor

Hi there,
I am Dr. Scott - it is my pleasure to assist you today.
Please give me a minute to review your question and type up an answer.
Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

Sorry to hear about your current situation.

What is your specific question that I can help you with today?

I hope you received by previous answer

Last night was my first night with no sore throat, so maybe I am finally on the mend.
I am glad to help that. Are there questions that I can answer? If not please send 5 stars so we can close out this question
Dr. Scott, Doctor