Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

The left side of my face is swollen and the lymph nodes on…

Customer Question
The left side of...

The left side of my face is swollen and the lymph nodes on the neck and jaw on that side are sore as well. My throat also hurts

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Any other skin concerns?

No skin concerns unless you count the weird bubble on the inside of my lip

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I'm an epileptic

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Medical
12/11/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 2 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

What is your age and gender?

Since when are your symptoms?

Do you have cough, nose block/running nose, headache, vomiting?

I'm 25 and femaleMy symptoms started on Saturday so about a day and three quarters agoNo cough, no blocked or runny nose, yes to a headache (but I may be dehydrated), no vomiting

Thanks for the additional information. I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 4-5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

Your symptoms are suggestive of sinusitis and upper respiratory tract infection. There may be concomitant acid reflux (especially if you have history of acid reflux).

The treatment is as following;

1) Saline nasal sprays

2) Intranasal steroid spray

3) Instillation of steroid solutions into the nose

4) Antibiotics; if fever occurs.

5) Decongestants

6) Rest.

7) Plenty of fluids.

8) Motrin 400 mg twice daily for headache and bodyache and fever.

9) Another important home treatment is Menthol steam inhalation - add Menthol salts (available OTC) to a bowl of steaming water and inhale the steam two - three times daily - this will relieve the congestion.

10) Vitamin C tablets will help you. They are taken 500 mg twice a day.

11) Probiotics.

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor