Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

My husband has been vomiting since 12:00 am - so 15 hours.

Customer Question
My husband has been...

My husband has been vomiting since 12:00 am - so 15 hours. He cannot keep anything down including water. As soon as he drinks it he vomits. He also appears to have blood in his stools and a splitting head ache. He did have the flu shot, however, I do know that this is not effective for all flu strains. How long should we wait to go to emergency?

Doctor's Assistant: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?

No just since this morning. His stomach is very sore but not necessarily nauseous

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

He is currently on apo-methotrexate and jamp folic acid for psoriasis and began this about three weeks ago

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Medical
12/10/2017
Doctor: Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor replied 2 months ago

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

If he can't keep anything down he's going to get dehydrated very soon

But the blood in his stools is very worrisome even if it's only from hemorrhoids

So at this point--yes he needs the ER for intravenous hydration

And this could be pancreatitis and that is very serious

Please let me know if you need any more information

Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor