Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

What is the proper process of a physical, for a Physician to…

Customer Question
What is the proper...

What is the proper process of a physical, for a Physician to decide a patient is o'kay to take Adipex diet pills?

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

When this was going on, I think that the only thing would have been on was birth-control.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

At that time, I was fine. I just wanted help to lose some pounds.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
12/10/2017
Doctor: Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor replied 7 months ago

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

I would get a complete past medical history and any medications presently taken

Then I'd do a complete physical exam, EKG and blood work to check for thyroid problems, anemia, and cholesterol problems

So long as there wasn't uncontrolled hypertension or any cardiac problems I'd then consider it safe to prescribe the Adipex

Please let me know if you need any more information