Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I recently has my left hip replaced and need to prevent any…

Customer Question
I recently has my...

I recently has my left hip replaced and need to prevent any infections over the next 3 months. After the surgery I was constipated (now corrected) but now see some bleeding on my toilet paper when wiping due to external hemorrhoids. I am looking for an ointment I can use that would prevent any chance of injection since this area is essentially an open would. Any suggestions

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

I have no symptoms and feel healthy. Only symptom is blood on used toilet paper.

Doctor's Assistant: In general, how has your health been lately?

Overall health is great. Had surgery on Monday to get new hip. As a result, I am still on percocet for paiin control and xarelto for blood thinner to prevent blood clots

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I also take ramipril for blood pressure control, trilipix for controlling triglycerides, prevacid for acid reflux and a bably aspirin

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Medical
12/10/2017
Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 2 months ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

There is no specific cream to prevent infection from hemorrhoids, you have to clear up the hemorrhoids so that they do not bleed.

Have you talked to your surgeon?

Not yet since this is Sunday

Ok, as I said, there is no such thing as a preventative ...you have to get the hemorrhoids to stop bleeding.

How long have you had these?

What have you done so far?

I am not interested in any further dialog. I will follow up with my surgeon tomorrow. Thanks and Goodbye

We only answer questions on the site, and I would be happy to tell you a variety of methods used for shrinking and alleviating hemorrhoids

OK?

No thanks and goodbye
Family Physician, Doctor