Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Would there be a doctor available that could give advice on…

Customer Question
Second opinion] Hello, Would there be...
Second opinion] Hello,
Would there be a doctor available that could give advice on potential HSV-2 symptoms that may be atypical?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
Symptoms described previously that began in November are still present. Would ask that prior conversation be reviewed and commented on.
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/10/2017
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 8 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

what is your question?

Can you access previous conversion to provide second opinion?

"I am a male and had heterosexual intercourses with 2 females in mid August of this year. A few days later I had some burning and tingling sensations in my penis and had to urinate frequently. I also had a few single red bumps that appeared to look like pimples appear on my buttock and lower back. I visited a walk in doctor and tested negative for clameydia and gonhereha. The doctor also said the “pimples” did not resemble hsv and appeared more like foliculitis. The initial symptoms disappeared from that point up until November 22. At that point I began experiencing tingling, itching and burning in my buttock, thys and to a lesser extent in my penis and scrotem. The pimples as described earlier also returned (they do not contain fluid or appear to blister and I can provide images). These symptoms have been present now for over two weeks. I also have some itching on my anus. I also have experienced intermittent pain in my left leg primarily all the way down to my left foot. Would you suspect hsv-2 and can I send through a few images of the “lesions?”"

is your question

your symptoms don't point to herpes.

not wiping your anus well, having anal leakage, or excessive sweating in the anal area can cause itching there.

dry skin, bad anxiety symptoms can cause itchiness .

these pimples on your skin is not from herpes.

do you have bad anxiety symptoms?

I do not have general anxiety issues but am concerned that these generalized tingling, itching, pain symptoms have persisted for 3 weeks primarily in the sacral region with intermittent leg nerve pain. There is not an issue with dry skin or a lack of hygiene. I have read (cdc website) that in some cases hsv can irritate the sacral nerves and cause post herpectic neuralgia symptoms more commonly associated with shingles. I’m not hearing or finding another credible cause for this collection of symptoms.

it doesn't sound like you have had a shingles outbreak in pain.

intermittent leg nerve pain can be due to lack of exercise, lack of stretching, sitting too long.