Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Is bloated, sensitive stomach a sign of IBS-D. No vomiting…

Customer Question
Is bloated, sensitive stomach...

Is bloated, sensitive stomach a sign of IBS-D

Doctor's Assistant: How long has this been bothering you? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?

No vomiting or nausea, but the discomfort in my gut has been going on for many years

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I was in the military and have spent time over seas. I also suffer from depression and anxiety.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
12/10/2017
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 7 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

bloating can be a sign of irritable bowel syndrome, poor diet, drinking soda, intolerance to gluten, wheat protein, milk intolerance

sensitive stomach can be from excessive stomach acid, poor diet, soda, gluten or milk intolerance

I have had loose bowel movements/diarrhea for as long as I can remember, 2 to 3 times daily.
I drink alcohol daily to help w joint pain. I’m awaken every morning to use the stool and deal w anxiety before going to work as I do not like to use public restrooms to poop. Is it possible that this is not IBS-D?

drinking alcohol daily will cause loose bowel movements and diarrhea.

you need to talk to your doctor about other medications or medical marijuana to help you with your joint pains

and not this alcohol which can cause other bad effects on your body.

severe anxiety symptoms can cause you to not want to poo in public.