Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My son is on anti desire meds first is limitations and the…

Customer Question
My son is on...

My son is on anti desire meds first is limitations and the other is briviact. He has a fever and I was wondering if I can give him anything for his fever?

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

Lamotrigine

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

And privacy

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
12/10/2017
Doctor: Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD) replied 7 months ago
Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)

Hi, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist with vast experience in diagnosing & treating all neurological as well as all other health/medical conditions, and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns related to your son.

I am sorry to hear your son is having fever, I see he is on two seizure meds, and you have inquired what can be given to control his fever. As a Neurologist I am very familiar with the interactions of these two seizure meds with other meds, and I can certainly help you in this regard.

Please see fever meds such as Tylenol is fine to use along with seizure meds such as Lamotrigine and Briviact

These 3 drugs are not known to cause any significant or serious or major drug interactions when used together.

So Tylenol can certainly be used to control the fever while he is on the above mentioned two seizure meds, and it is safe to do so

Another option is to use Motrin to control the fever and this also can be used along with the two seizure meds he is currently on and no significant interactions are known to occur when motrin is used along with these two seizure meds

Once again to your main question, please see Tylenol or Motrin can be used along with the two seizure meds (Lamotrigine and Briviact) he is currently on to control his fever, and these are safe to use together.

Wishing your son a quick & complete recovery!

Wishing you guys all the very best!

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if you want to discuss this further.

Assuring you the best services!

Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD