Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Spinning, when lying down and when sitting up feeling very…

Customer Question
Spinning, when lying down...

Spinning, when lying down and when sitting up feeling very strange and falling to the right side. Must sit on edge of bed for a little while before daring to get to standing position.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Have seen a doctor. I am on blood pressure medication. it started on Monday

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

Tiazac, Aldactone & Atenelol. Clonazepam for anxiety. has been on those for a few years.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I fractured my right femur 8 weeks ago, and this started after being to Physio

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/9/2017
Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 4 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

The symptoms you have described of having spinning & feeling of falling down when lying down or sitting up can be due to a condition called Benign Positional Vertigo(BPV).

The ears are organs that provide two main functions —

1. Hearing

2. Balance of head & body

Benign Positional Vertigo(BPV).is caused by a disturbance within the balance organs of the inner ear.The inner ear contains 3 semi-circular canals that function like a gyroscope, relaying information about head position and movement to the brain.These stones present in internal ear break off and float free within the semicircular canals of the inner ear.This causes sending of wrong messages to the brain about your body's position.This result in vertigo/dizziness/spinning/feeling of falling down.

Other causes are:changes in blood pressure, migraine,Acoustic neuroma,rapid changes in motion,Decreased blood flow through the arteries that supply blood to the base of the brain (vertebrobasilar insufficiency).

Most probably this seems to be due to Benign Positional Vertigo(BPV).

So my best advise for you is to please make an appointment with your doctor to have the tests & examination done so as to know the exact underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Do you have any other follow up question?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

I have seen a doctor. i would like to know, what I can do to get the cure for it.

Dear customer

Thank you for replying back.

The treatment includes:

• Medications like anticholinergics, antihistamines, and benzodiazepine
  • Canalith repositioning is required.Its a simple procedure in which your doctor or physical therapist maneuvers the position of your head. This procedure is usually effective & provides great relief
  • Till you get back to your doctor for these above described treatments- you can take tab meclizine hydrochloride(brand name: Dramamine).This will help you greatly in treating these symptoms & is available at your pharmacy as OTC(over the counter) without prescription

Thank you.

And please don't forget to leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today,

we only get after positive feedback.Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Just cancel the request! Please & thank you
Doctor: ever-cssm,
 replied 4 months ago
ever-cssm
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you.
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/auxpk-spinning-when-lying-down-when-sitting-feeling.html
Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team
Dr Josh
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor