Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have pain and fullness in the upper right abdominal

Customer Question
I have pain and...

I have pain and fullness in the upper right abdominal quadrant, After some meals I can bloat and swell up looking 6 months pregnant. Very uncomfortable, feeling as if I'm not even able to breathe fully. I have a pain in my armpit and right shoulder. I have diarrhea at times, sometimes shortly after eating. I had a CT scan showing I have thickened walls of my gallbladder and sludge, no stones showed up. A hida scan showed my gallbladder functions at 86% Could you please advise me. My doctor suggests steroids for inflammation.

Doctor's Assistant: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?

It's been going on a year now

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have a thyroid nodule, I have a lower lobe R lung nodule. I have PCOS and endometriosis That's my medical history

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
12/9/2017
Doctor: Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor replied 4 months ago
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar

Welcome and thank you for the question.

Please give me a minute to review your question and i will be right back with the reply.

A normal ejection fraction should be between 30 - 40 %. Yours is higher than normal.

Many doctors do not go in for surgery if the HIDA scan is above normal or within normal range.

But , if a person has symptoms like pain, bloating after eating or if any abnormality is seen in the gallbladder on CT scan, it is best to remove the gallbladder.

In your case, with gallbladder sludge and thickened gallbladder walls, a cholecystectomy ( removal of the gallbladder) will be the best option.

Steroids alone will not help.

Please consult another surgeon for a second opinion.

I hope this helps.
Let me know if you need more information. If not, please click on a positive rating to leave feedback.

Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor