Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have been having breast pain for about 2 weeks now. I am…

Hi. I have been having...
Hi. I have been having breast pain for about 2 weeks now. I am not pregnant nor do I feel any lumps. I did my own self exam and everything looks normal other than they are swollen. I do not have a fever or the chills but I have had continous pain in both sides for the 2 weeks. I am curious what could possibly be wrong.
I also wanted to know if I can take any meds to help. I have taken ibprofen, tylenol and used a heating pad, ice packes and massged them to help them feel better and none has worked so far.
12/9/2017
Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin, Physician

Hello

Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.

My name is***** and being a Medicine specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.

Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service .

Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:

Is the pain in the nipple , areola or the breast fat tissue ?

Do you have any abnormal hormonal issues or thyroid problems ?

Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

The feast day tissue. The pain just moves throughout my breats on both sides not one particular area and no I do not. I am on birth control though and Prozac but that is it.

Do you have irregular cycles or pain in the lower abdomen at the same time ?

Do you have bleed more or less from the menstrual cycle ?

I do not

Thank you very much for your information.

Have you tried evening primrose oil oral tablets intake for your pain ?

I have not but I was thinking about taking them. I heard it does take a couple months to work though and I'm not sure if I can take them with the birth control I'm on and Prozac to.

Yes they are safe and you can definitely take them along with the Birth control and Prozac.

Have you considered stopping the birth control pill and the prozac and check if the pain reduces

I have not. I was going to see if time will heel it or if taking some meds will help before I do a mammogram. I don't think it's a serious problem I have but I want to cure it as soon as I can.
Does it matter what birth control you take them with and how often do the side effects act if I take that?

Is it possible for you to stop Prozac and the birth pills ?

No it does not matter what birth control you take as the birth control pill tends to cause pain in many patients and does not react with the evening primrose oil

I don't think so because it will through off my cycle if I stop taking them.

Ok .

You can try evening primrose oil for a period of 3 weeks and see if the pain reduces.

Next cycle you can avoid the birth control pill to stop the hormonal surge that may causing the pain and check if it works well for you

then over a period of a month you can get a mammogram done

regards

Dr Pravin

evenin promise oil and if that doesn't work stop my pills and if that doesn't work go get a mammogram done?

Yes follow this as a flow chart to end your problem.

Regards

Dr Pravin

I have released the rating service application on your page .

Please do leave me a feedback for my opinion provided.

Regards

Dr Pravin

Regards

Dr Pravin

Do you Agree with what I have mentioned ?

If you Agree with what I have mentioned, would you like me to release the rating service application on your page so you can leave me a feedback for my opinion provided

Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin, Physician