Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have been diagnosed with diverticulitis. Today I have pain…

Customer Question
Hi , I have...

Hi , I have been diagnosed with diverticulitis . Today I have pain and very sore to touch in the area just above my belly button . Just wondering if part of the diverticulitis ?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

Just today and yesterday . Lying down feels better.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No I don't think so

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
12/9/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 7 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Pain, soreness to touch, better on lying down indicate diverticulitis.

You may need a course of antibiotic like Flagyl (metronidazole).

You may drink only fluids for couple of days. Gradually you may shift to semi solid diet.

Probiotics would help you.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl