Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I got a CK OF 801 in my bloodtest today. My ECG and all

Customer Question
I got a CK...

I got a CK OF 801 in my bloodtest today . My ECG and all other tests were fine , while the CKMB was also high. What could have caused this . I am not diabetic and my hypertension is totally controlled.

Doctor's Assistant: When was last time you had a check up? Is there a history of high blood pressure in your family?

Almost a year ago as this was my physical. No family history of high blood pressure.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I am also on meds for Hypothyroidism , MY vIT D level is 25 as our parameter starts at 30 and my Hbaic is 6.2. no meds for this though.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
12/9/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 7 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

What is your age and gender?

What were your symptoms for which CK and CKMB done?

It seems that you are offline, I am writing you the initial answer. You may ask follow up questions once you read it.

If you do not have symptoms like muscle pain, following causes should be looked;

1) Connective tissue disorders; autoimmune panel need to be done.

2) Endocrine diseases

3) Celiac disease

4) Viral

5) Medications

6) Kidney disease

7) Metabolic disease.

Work up for all these may be needed.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue hereWas this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions. until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl