Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have discomfort when sitting feels as if there is

Customer Question
I have discomfort when...

I have discomfort when sitting feels as if there is something under ribs both sides mostly left and have to move for a little comfort.its there constantly feels similar to being in 9 th month of pregnancy with baby under ribs. As well as top middle of the bottom ribs feels a ball if it's touched by pressing down the pain is the worst ever felt I'm 25y f I've had gallbladder removed

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

Nothing makes it better sitting makes it worse

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No just the one surgery

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
12/9/2017
Doctor: Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor replied 7 months ago

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

How long has this been going on?

Any nausea or change in you bowel movements?

It's been about a good month it's been getting worse and just a little nausea and also deep breaths hurt

Having lasted that long it isn't likely a viral gastroenteritis

It sounds like an H pylori bacterial stomach infection

You can try oral probiotics and a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water twice a day for now

But you should have your doctor check it out with an H pylori stool screening since if it's positive you'll need a course of oral antibiotics and a couple of weeks of Nexium to eradicate it

Please let me know if you need any more information