Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have an external hemorrhoid it's very hard it won't go…

Customer Question
I have an external...

I have an external hemorrhoid it's very hard it won't go back in it's not bleeding and I can still go to bathroom but it's about the size of a peanut in the shell so do i meed to go to the doctor

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

Pain sitting walking

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

Better baths cream, worse cleaning it

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

My dad had them and i got one when he died and my dog just died and this time worse

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
12/8/2017
Doctor: Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor replied 7 months ago

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

This isn't a urgent situation where you need to see a doctor right away

For now you can try over the counter 1% hydrocortisone cream on and around it twice a day and take some stool softeners

It could shrink fairly quickly with that

Please let me know if you need any more information

It's been a couple days and it's about the same when should this thing starts shrinking? I've been taking baths twice a day with rice with apple cider vinegar and also creams and Cortisone and aloe vera
Also Metamucil and a lot of water

It may take it a few more days to shrink with all that