Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I had a faith piercing in my ear fall out. I went somewhere…

Customer Question
I had a faith...

I had a faith piercing in my ear fall out. I went somewhere & am not sure how sterilized the equipment they used was to put another earring in. Am I at risk if they didn’t pierce me, just put new jewelry in?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the ear issue? Have you had any colds or flus recently?

Sorry daith piercing

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No. Piercing is 2 months old so probably not completely healed.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
12/8/2017
Doctor: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

After two months of piercing there is no risk of any serious infection by just putting the new jewel inside. So nothing at all to worry about. Just clean the area with disinfectant and that's it. No risk of Hepatitis or HIV transmission from such interaction. Rest assured.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!