Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Are there any problems I should know about taking Clonafec,

Customer Question
Are there any problems...

Are there any problems I should know about taking Clonafec, capsules or tablets for relief of back pain? I am presently taking Hydrocodone and are concerned about all the info being written about the potential problems existing re: these type of meds. I have had heart problems, in my family, and have been taking Coumadin for many years with no problems to date.

Doctor's Assistant: Do you know if your family has a history of heart disease? In general, how would you describe your health lately?

My mother died , due the effect of several strokes, and my younger brother ( Ten years) and I have been taking Coumadin for my atrial fib, for over 20 years. Except for back problems, and a history of back pain, I amquite active and otherwise quite healthy at 80 years old.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Nothing that I know of.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
12/8/2017
Doctor: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

The minor side effects of the clonafec are headache, diarrhea, abdominal discomfort but since you are taking coumadin the risk of bleeding specially in stomach is high so i would discourage you to take this pain medicine rather it is better to take tablet tylenol as its side effect does not include bleeding issues.You can apply ibuprofen or clonafec cream over your back instead of taking it orally.So it is better to be on safe side.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!