Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My 9 months baby's lips is changing colour from pink to

Customer Question
My 9 months baby's...

My 9 months baby's lips is changing colour from pink to black

Doctor's Assistant: How have your child's checkups gone? Is your child progressing steadily in height and weight?

Yes his weight is progressing staedily

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in the child's medical history you think the doctor should know?

He had jaundice when born

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
12/8/2017
Doctor: Dr.Anil, Doctor replied 4 months ago
Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.

I understand your concern.

Black lips are a sign of cyanosis, which is caused by a lack of oxygen in the blood or a lack of blood circulation. He should be further checked at emergency room to rule out any heart disease, pneumonia, asthma.

Echocardiography and chest X_Ray may be done as well.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s request to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks.

Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor