Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I was needing to know if having an accident with a severe…

Customer Question
I was needing to...

I was needing to know if having an accident with a severe leg injury with loss of blood, head trauma and six broken ribs could raise the blood alcohol levels in the patient

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?

Excuse me I am talking about a client we have and needed to know if the blood alcohol levels would increase

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I just don't know what you are saying i need to know if trauma could raise the alcohol levels

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/8/2017
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 8 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

no, trauma would not raise blood alcohol levels

the patient must have been drinking alcohol before the accident