Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Am how can I treat balantis without going to the doctor I…

Customer Question
Hello am larry how...

Hello am larry how can I treat balantis without going to the doctor I just got all of a sudden

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

I bought polysporin

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No i did not sleep with any girl

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
12/7/2017
Doctor: Richard Han, Board Certified MD replied 7 months ago
Richard Han
Richard Han, Board Certified MD

Hello and thank you for your question. My name is***** am a board-certified physician with over 15 years of clinical experience and I am happy to help you. When you say "balanitis" are you referring to a skin infection of your foreskin? Head of the penis? Exactly where are you experiencing symptoms and what symptoms are you having? Redness, swelling, bleeding, pus? Are you circumcised or uncircumcised? If the first, are you still able to retract your foreskin all the way back and urinate freely? Thank you in advance for you reply.

i can urine yes am not circumsise yes i can retract the skin i use a bottle of warm water to flush the inside
i bought polysporin to rub on it its an antibiotic cream
no bleeding

Thank you for that information. You can continue to do exactly what you have been doing in terms of flushing out the skin with warm water and mild soap. Yes, Polysporin is a good antibiotic ointment to apply to the affected area, I recommend 3 times per day for the next 7-10 days. If the redness and swelling continue to get worse despite those things, and particularly if you are not able to retract the foreskin or urinate normally, I would then seek medical attention. Sometimes despite your efforts with the above, balanitis may need to be treated with oral antibiotics which require a prescription. Can I help you with anything else today?

If I've addressed your question and you are satisfied, please click the button to accept the answer. I would also appreciate the kindness of a positive review. Thank you.