Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am slightly concerned that i may be bleeding form my

Customer Question
Hello, I am slightly...

Hello, I am slightly concerned that i may be bleeding form my urinary tract. I thought it was my period so I put in a heavy duty tampon but i just now started bleeding an i barely had the tampon in. IDK if its from my period or somewhere else.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?

Not yet, it just started last night, i used a pad last night and switched to a tampon around 7:15am this morning. during my menstral cycle, i am a heavy bleeder but when I have a heavy duty tampon in, that will usually last me 8 hours or longer.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I recently started taking Desmoprecin Acetate. I also have a heart condition called neurocardiogenic syncope.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
12/7/2017
Doctor: Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD replied 7 months ago
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD

Hi, Dr. Mo here with JA. Please let me review the information and I'll reply shortly.

Are you having any burning when you urinate or abdominal pains or back pains?

not really, my stomach hurt yesterday all day but nothing major.

Based on what you have said it seems less likely related to the urinary tract, it could be from your menstrual cycle. However, if you are convinced it's the urinary tract that's the source then I would recommend having a urine test done to see if there is an infection or possible a kidney stone that's causing the bleeding.

Ok thank you.

Glad I could help.

If you have any follow up questions feel free to ask them, you can always return to this question string.

I hope I provided you with a 5-star service.

Please click the rating button when you're ready.

-Dr. Mo

Please click the rating button when you get a chance.

-Dr. Mo

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Otherwise, please click the rating button when you get a chance.

-Dr. Mo