Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

A CT Scan just showed a vascular mole. I am worried that it…

Customer Question
A CT Scan just...

A CT Scan just showed a vascular mole. I am worried that it is a reoccuance from Hodgkins disease 15 years ago. I had radiation treatments to my head and neck. I was being treated for a sinus infection, but my peripheral vision was affected, so a CT Scan was ordered.

Doctor's Assistant: Are you keeping a personal medical record while dealing with this?

Not written

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Don't think so. Hodgkins 15 years ago. Sinus infections, pretty much, twice a year. All else ok.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
12/7/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 7 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

It is not likely to be Hodgkins;

1) Recurrence after 15 years is extremely rare.

2) CT scan is a good modality and thus missing Hodgkins is highly uncommon.

If you are worried, you may ask your doctor to get an MRI for reconfirming.

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

What is a vascular mole?

Vascular mole is benign (non cancerous) pigmented blood vessel tumor.

Usually this does not require treatment unless it causes any symptoms.

It is privilege assisting you.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl