Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

When I lie down I have this pain on my right side that

Customer Question
When I lie down...

When I lie down I have this pain on my right side that catches once in a while, and is very painful under my lower rib cage. It only hurts when I lie down and I can hear a wheezing.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

Worse when I lie down, I've had it all week

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I had a heart attack in April, 4 Stent put in, I also have Barretts, I am 74, my gall bladder has been removed, I had pneumonia in March of last year with a partially collapsed lung

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/7/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 4 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Do you have shortness of breath, increased urinary frequency, urinary burning, heartburn, diarrhea/constipation, nausea, vomiting, fever, loss of appetite, bloating, gas, tenderness on abdomen/chest?

Some constipation

Thanks for the additional information. I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 4-5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

It is likely to be Costochondritis; it is inflammation at the junctions of rib and cartilage or with the breast bone / sternum. Local analgesic ointment, or spray, chest brace and warm compresses with Ibuprofen is helpful. Another possibility is muscle sprain. Please read about the costochondritis;

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/costochondritis/DS00626

Abdominal wall can be responsible for this pain. ACNES (abdominal cutaneous nerve entrapment syndrome) can be a possibility and the diagnosis can be confirmed by the subcutaneous infiltration of the local anesthetic like xylocaine. If the pain disappears completely, this substantiates the diagnosis. Abdominal wall pain can occur from nerve entrapment syndrome, irritation of intercostal nerve roots, anterior cutaneous nerve entrapment, rib-tip syndrome, myofascial pain and trigger points. Your doctor should consider these abdominal wall problems for your pain (especially in the absence of the visceral symptoms).

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor