Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I'M 74 A DIABETE i GOT A SINUS INFECTION AMOXICILLIN 125 M…

Customer Question
I'M 74 A DIABETE...

I'M 74 A DIABETE i GOT A SINUS INFECTION i'M TAKING AMOXICILLIN 125 M MY STOMach bloated an feet swollen

Doctor's Assistant: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?

Week

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/7/2017
Doctor: Dr.Anil, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board-certified consultant with over 30 years of experience. I’m reviewing your question and reply you soon.

Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.
Pain abdomen, flatulence, nausea, diarrhea?
Fever?
Vomiting?

Are you taking any other medications?

Waiting for your response.
Thanks

stomach boart
feet swollen
no I'm deaf

Thanks for all these additional information.
I understand your concern.
Well as you describe, such stomach bloating can be associated with the Amoxicillin-induced gastrointestinal upset.
So you should take OTC Zantac and Metamucil.
Also, start a probiotic while taking an antibiotic.
Take OTC Mylanta gas.
And hydrate yourself with plenty of fluids.
Eat a bland diet.
Your symptoms will resolve gradually.
In case of severe pain abdomen, vomiting then visits the emergency room ASAP for prompt management.
Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.
Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s requested to avoid poor/bad rating.
Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.
It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.

HOW ABOUT FEET
SWOLLEN

Thanks for the follow-up.

Swollen feet can be associated with impaired kidney function and Diabetic patients are prone to it.

If your swelling has appeared after taking Amoxicillin then it can be drug induced.

So you should see your doctor for a clinical examination and either discontinue it or opt for another antibiotic.

Also your kidney function test, urinalysis, blood sugar levels should be checked.

In the meantime, elevate your feet.

Do gentle leg stretching.

Limit your salt and fluid intake.

Hope this helps.
Use reply to let me know if you have further queries.
Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars and avoid poor/bad rating.
A bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.

It’s my privilege to help you if you have any further query regarding your this health issue.
May I help you further?
Waiting for your response.