Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My husband came home this evening and stated he had

Customer Question
My husband came home...

My husband came home this evening and stated he had forgotten a portion of his day and that he was confused by this. Within the next 2 hours he repeated questions and stories to me and was unaware of the fact that he was doing this. He is 68, in good health and has not exhibited this behavior before.

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

I stated those in my first response

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
12/7/2017
Doctor: Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD replied 7 months ago
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD

Hi, Dr. Mo here with JA. Please let me review the information and I'll reply shortly.

Has he had any recent infection or has he taken anything over the counter recently?

no

The concern here would be a stroke or a bleed in the brain. An infection could cause this as well but he would have fevers. Has he had a chance to be seen by a doctor in person?

No not yet, he will call his doctor in the morning but I wasn't certain if we should act sooner. No recent infection.

Based on those symptoms I would rather have him be seen tonight if possible. Again, the concern would be if something was going on in the brain and that's something we can check for in the ER and do blood work as well.

Ok, if you feel that's best I will suggest it.

I rarely think that it's urgent but in this case I would definitely recommend it. I think if there is anything going on it's better to catch it early.

ok thank you

You're welcome.

Hope all goes well.

Thank you

Absolutely.

I hope I provided you with a 5-star service.

If you have any other questions please feel free to ask.

Dr. Mo

Please click the rating button when you have a moment.

-Dr. Mo

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Otherwise, please click the rating button when you get a chance.

-Dr. Mo