Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have bump inside my lip and I was wondering how I would…

Customer Question
I have bump inside...

I have bump inside my lip and I was wondering how I would get ride of it?

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

No symptoms just uncomfortable

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Like how I got It?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
12/7/2017
Doctor: Dr.Anil, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board-certified consultant with over 30 years of experience. I’m reviewing your question and reply you soon.

Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

What is your age?

Please upload a picture to review.

Since how long have you been suffering from?

Pain, redness, swelling, itching?

Smoking and alcohol intake?

Waiting for your response.
Thanks

I am 18
/Users/lodidodi/Pictures/Photo Booth Library/Pictures/Photo on 12-6-17 at 9.31 PM.jpg
I have been suffering for 2 weeks
no

Thanks for all these additional information.

I understand your concern.

I have reviewed your picture.

Well as you describe, it looks like a mucocele.

A cyst from a small blockage in the mucosa of the lip. Harmless and usually comes from inadvertently biting the lip.

You should do cool compresses on the affected area.

Also, apply OTC Orajel on it.

Avoid spicy, fried food and hot beverages.

Start a multivitamin supplement and vitamin C lozenges.

Hydrate yourself with plenty of fluids.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s requested to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks.